This article outlines the credentialing process from the moment you claim your account (or create a new account) all the way through your access to the Elite ePCR Platform.The steps in the process are:
- Claiming or creating your account
- Submitting an application
- Waiting for your application to be approved
- Your account is synced to Elite
- Claiming (or creating) your account. The first step in gaining access into the system is creating an account. However, many REMSA-credentialed providers will already have an account created for them. When REMSA first implemented the ImageTrend licensing system, all credentialed EMS providers who had gained their certification through REMSA prior to October 1, 2015 were imported into the system. These providers already have an account in the licensing platform, and all they need to do is to Claim their accounts. Providers who were not already certified with REMSA as of October 1, 2015 will not already have an account in the system and will need to create an account by selecting the "Create Account" button located directly beneath the login boxes. (For more information on how to claim your account or create a new account, please see the how-to guide entitled: "How to claim your account."
- Submit an application. The next step in the process is to select, complete, and submit an application. Once your account is either claimed or created, you will find a list of available applications by selecting the "Applications link on the left panel of your account page. Here you will find all applications that are available for you to select and fill-out. The application will guide you through the necessary requirements. Keep in mind in many applications you will be required to upload scans of required documents.
- Approval process. After you submit your application, your application must be reviewed, verified, and approved. Keep in mind, this process can take up to 7-10 days, so the sooner you submit your application, the sooner it will be approved. If you have selected an EMS provider agency as your employer, an employment verification form will be submitted to that agency as part of the application approval process, and that will need to be returned to REMSA before your association with that agency is confirmed. Note: EMTs are not required to be employed by an EMS provider agency for their application to be approved. If you are submitting an EMT certification application, your application will be approved first, and employment verification (if applicable) will take place after. However,for all other types of applications, including Paramedic, MICN, Out-of-County acknowledgements, etc. positive employment verification with an approved EMS provider agency is required before these applications will be approved.
- Account synced to the Elite ePCR platform. After your application has been approved and your employment with an approved EMS provider agency has been confirmed, your account will be synced over to the Elite ePCR platform, where you will be able to access your provider agency's ePCRs.
NEXT ARTICLE: How to Claim Your Account